Surveillance Camera Deployment To Google Drive

Reaction score
Hello.
I have cameras recording to a folder called RECORD on drive E:, This folder contains the recorded AVI files in folders ordered by date.
I would like to schedule the files and folders to be transferred to my google drive that is on drive C:
I could just set the surveillance program to record right onto my google drive folder,
However as the cameras are active transferring the files to the cloud messes up the avi that is being recorded at the time.
I don't want to schedule the sync every 24 hours like at 12:00am as that will leave a gap of the recorded files to the cloud of 24 hours.
Can I get the sync to only upload completed files?
Any help with a strategy for this would be appreciated..
Thanks,
shslim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are the recorded files split at defined periods (i.e. hourly)? If so, you could set up a separate scheduling task to sync them to the cloud instead (perhaps every hour, so that the gap is minimal). The build in task scheduler should be able to do this, alongside a quick script.

I don't think they will be a reliable way to sync "open" files (i.e. one that are being written to), so the only open I'm aware of is to sync them once the file handle is closed.

Ask a Question