Swap Widows 10 Home with Pro

Reaction score
Old laptop has windows 10 pro. New laptop has w-10 Home. I need to have the Pro version on the new computer.
Is there an easy way to do this.
The old laptop no longer has a working screen. (But, If needed I can use an external monitor)

Reaction score
I have changed from Home to Pro on a few computers but needed and had unused Pro keys to accomplish it. Windows did not need reinstalling. If your old Notebook/Laptop has an OEM Version of Windows it won't fit the legal requirement but if it has a Retail Version it may be allowed as it can be MOVED to a replacement computer [can't be on 2 at the same time]. If the old computer came with Win10 it most likely is the OEM Version, if Win10 was installed later there should be a card or sticker with the Product Key to use.

Reaction score
The old computer is W-10 Pro. It was upgraded from W-7 pro (by way of the upgrade program).
The "new" computer was Windows 8, and upgraded to W-10 home by way of the same upgrade program.
The old laptop still has many files I need, so I need to keep it for the time being.
Can I deactivate it first, then use the key on the new one?

Reaction score
It may be possible to deactivate but I've not needed to do that as the Product Keys I used had not previously been used or the computers had literally died. You might be able to use the Win7 Pro key to change but may need to use the phone number given for the activation. As I noted: [can't be on 2 at the same time] . Being NOT connected to a Network or Internet at the same time may be of consideration.

Reaction score
Try using the COA off the sticker on the win7 unit. I normally can activate 2-3 units with the same coa.
If that fails and you used your microsoft acct to login, contact microsoft live chat using the new unit and see if you can have them move it over.

Reaction score
Look for a UK based global cdkey seller. You can get one for $ 13/-. I must have bought at least about 15 in past 2 years. All of them unique and fully functional properly registered on MS site after logging in to my clients' MS accounts. Absolutely the "bestest" option around.

Reaction score
Look for a UK based global cdkey seller. You can get one for $ 13/-. I must have bought at least about 15 in past 2 years. All of them unique and fully functional properly registered on MS site after logging in to my clients' MS accounts. Absolutely the "bestest" option around.
I looked in to them and too many people had issues with not recourse.

Reaction score
I looked in to them and too many people had issues with not recourse.
urcdkey(dot)com.
My nephew who recently completed his post grad in computer science in Germany and is now working there. Earlier was using low cost student version. Last week he bought an ASUS laptop with only Freedos. Then purchased keys for Win 10 PRO & MS Office Pro 2019 for combined price of US$ 52/-. Both registered on MS site in his account without a problem.

Ask a Question