Switching between 2 NVMe m2 system drives

Reaction score
Hey there,

i'm trying to get this kind of system setup:
2 different system drives, that occasionally i'll take one of them out of the pc, pysycally, while at this time, the pc will boot from the other system drive.
When i'll reconnect the 1st system drive, it'll boot from the 1st drive.

i tried to setup it this way but i goes wrong:
i bought PCI adapter for NVMe M2 drive, installed an identical drive on the adapter and when it log on to windows on the 1st drive, it crashes on windows log on screen:

if i reinstall windows for the 1st drive while the 2nd drive connected, it works. but then when i install windows on the 2nd drive. it has the same crash while installing windows.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
if i reinstall windows for the 1st drive while the 2nd drive connected, it works.
That sounds like you have the MBR on the 2nd drive while doing all that OS installing.

You have to use/install just 1 drive in the system at first, then make sure that it's set to boot first in the BIOS, then install the OS. Once that is done...then you can add the 2nd M.2 drive.

Question: What OS are you putting on the 2nd M.2 drive.

Ask a Question