Sync People with windows live mail.

Reaction score
I have recently downloaded windows 10 and I agree that it is one of the best yet. It has so much in the background it will take me weeks to learn it all. Now my problem. I have downloaded an app called "people' to insert the names of friends and their phone numbers and email addresses. It works fine. However when I enter an addressee into my email (windows live mail) it doesn't pick up the address from the people app. This used to work well on my windows 8.1 platform. Is there a way to sync the two together or is there an app I can use that will perform this task?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have downloaded an app called "people' to insert the names of friends and their phone numbers and email addresses. It works fine.
Windows 10 already has a native "People" app, so I'm not sure what you downloaded, but....
IF you use the native "People" app built into Windows 10, it is tied to the native "Mail" app in Windows 10.
Now to the problem....
when I enter an addressee into my email (windows live mail) it doesn't pick up the address from the people app
That functionality would be dependent on your using the same account in "People" which by default uses the account in "Mail" if those two apps use the same account as the one you are using in "live mail" then I would expect your contacts would sync across all three.
You can use the three dot ellipsis icon near the top left of the people app to evoke the settings window and determine if your "live mail" account is included or if it perhaps needs to be added for things to work properly.

Ask a Question