System not reading from CD/DVD drive since upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, my Lenovo G500 laptop doesn't read from CDs/DVDs. The drive is shown in File Explorer and Device Manager with no errors but when I insert a disc it doesn't get recognised. The Events tab in Device Manager shows this:

Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_MATSHITA&Prod_DVD-RAM_UJ8E1\4&3359eddd&0&020000 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_MATSHITA&Prod_DVD-RAM_UJ8E1\4&3359eddd&0&020000
Class Guid: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0x0
Present: true

I've seen fixes relating to similar issues with Atapi drives on here. Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks

Reaction score
The drive is shown in File Explorer... ...but when I insert a disc it doesn't get recognised
What happens when you double-click (or right-click and then select Open) on it? This could just be an "autoplay" setting - and a good one for that matter. For security purposes, it is better if disk are not automatically played when inserted.

Reaction score
Hi Digerati, if I right-click and open, I can hear the drive whirring but it doesn't find the CD and eventually stops. If I double-click on the drive, it says the folder is empty.

Ask a Question