Sytem Setting Changes

Reaction score
While I still have a beef with MS dirty deeds. Has anyone noticed or checked their settings lately. I went in to settings today on 2 PC's and many settings had changed, in the main Netwok & Internet Settings and how updates are delivered and WiFi metering settings. All of the changes I found were all to Microsoft's advantage. Worth checking your settings.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I haven't received any OS updates since last Update Tuesday May 10 and that was only a Security Update KB3156421 and I'm not expecting any updates until day after tomorrow.
Can you advise as to which particular setting(s), appear to have been changed and how that change might be "to Microsoft's advantage"?
Just curious, trying to save myself a trip upstairs to look at my wife's machine. She uses wireless, I don't.

Reaction score
Trouble Your curiosity just got me wound up with MS again. LOL

1.I couldn't open MS Office word docs which I had no trouble after the initial upgrade. I had to load a Word viewer edit app from the MS Store. Why are they pushing Office 365 or whatever they call it.

2.HP LaserJet Pro printer change from default printer to MS Print to PDFFax reason update deliver switched to metered.

3.Settings Update deliver changed from "Notify me" to Automatic.

4.Settings Off line maps switched from off to "ON"
There may have been a few more I cant recall right now. The changes where made on 2 active PC's. A desktop running Win 10 Pro and Laptop running Win 10 Home.

That's dirty deeds when users security settings are changed,
Last month I paid an extra $25 because I was over my monthly bandwidth plan and this month I have 10 days left and I have 2 GB of data left. Which has caused me to use my wireless Laptop which I don't normally use, prefer the desktop.
I have never ever exceeded my data plan in 10+ years of using Windows 7. BTW I've turned off all the live apps in the start menu and gone as far as unpinning them from the start menu and customized it the way I want it, not the way MS wants it. What does a retired person want Xbox sway, candy crush... for.
I'm becoming more disappointed with how MS have changed their update policies, why couldn't they send them out to all users at the same time instead of a month apart for Home and Pro users. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
As Trouble remarks. I also have not had any major updates since early May.
Unfortunately, the settings mentioned by Norton, I have already set as he found them, ditto a couple of wireless Laptops in the house. Other than that, I cannot see any alterations made without my consent.
( I presume by "notify me", Norton means "Notify me to restart"?)

Reaction score
Dave You are correct, I'm running low on data and updates were changed to " Notify me to restart"

Cheers (Skal)

Ask a Question