Task bar invded by Edge?

Reaction score
[Dell desktop; Win10 Premium (64); Firefox; WLMail2012(horrible!); prefer old Photo Gallery but Edge Photo App took over]

Hello, I made very sure my Firefox browser is my default and I did that 2 or 3 times; however by the look and color of my task bar I can see Edge took over and I don't know how it did it and how to get rid of. The background color is black and some of the icons are typically Edge's style I think. I'm sending you a screenshot.

What bothers me is not so much this, but i.e.: when I close one of the open files in my email it also closes all my other open files so that I have to start from scratch each time I need to open another file. It changed other icons too, like they put my foreign language icon "ESP" within an icon called "Touch Keyboard" and now I can't get the accents and tildes anymore.

Also and most important, my computer has never been slower since a couple of weeks ago (approximately when the Edge invasion started). In many cases it takes up to 15 or 20 seconds to go from one page or paragraph to another. Also many times typing just one letter it takes again up to 20 seconds to go to the next letter to make up a simple word. I don't know if this also comes from Edge but I suspect it.

How can I REALLY get rid of Edge (or whatever is causing me this?). I followed some internet instructions to remove it and I don't see it anymore in my task bar, but its spirit seems to be with me!

Thanks ever so much for any help!
001.png

P.S. I'm sorry but my screenshot came out with a confidential memo on it(???) though it was all clear when I took it. I tried twice and finally had to delete it. While I'm not familiar with your screenshot method, it shouldn't be the cause for bringing out any text that isn’t there, no? I'm so puzzled...

Ask a Question