SOLVED How to rearrange Taskbar items

Reaction score
I used to be able to move the icons on my Taskbar to a location of my choosing, now they are locked in place. The icons are not in the order I would like them to appear, how do I rearrange the items on the Taskbar?
I use Win 10 Home edition

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-11_9-12-23.png
    upload_2018-10-11_9-12-23.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 919
Reaction score
It shouldn't really be a problem. Click and hold the mouse on any of the icons and pull them to where they are needed.

Reaction score
They should be able to be dragged in to any order you want. Try right clicking on the taskbar and uncheck "lock the taskbar". See if you can drag them now.

Reaction score
I think, locking the taskbar only stops you from moving it to the other sides. My taskbar is locked, but I can still rearrange the icons.
A thought though. Maybe "Home" will not allow it?

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is locked but I can still rearrange the icons as desired. That section is more like the Quick Launch section that was more visible on older Windows that had a vertical line at the right end.

Reaction score
Mine's locked too, but it's pro. I only have one home version, and I don't have the Windows 10 hdd in that laptop to test it right now.

Reaction score
What version of W10 do you have?. It may be that you have an older version and that is why it isn't working for you?. :):):)

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, but I found the solution by going back to the basics. I did not make the change but somehow (probably the last Windows Update;) the taskbar became locked. I right Clicked on a blank space on the Taskbar- and put a check-mark on Lock the Taskbar on the popup window, which really didn't make sense to me- I would think that would have locked the Taskbar, but it had the opposite effect so now I can once again move the icons to the position I choose.

Reaction score
You certainly have something odd going on there!
Locking the taskbar , as far as my computers are concerned, have nothing to do with the icon placement.
Anyway, you have marked it as solved. Thankyou.

Reaction score
Guys, I found a very simple way to rearrange icons on taskbar. My problem was , I wanted 2 icons to stay together so that there wasn't a need to go to other so called page , because all the icons that I had they didn't fit into one line and I used a little scroller to go to reach other icons. What I found is you can make the taskbar wider the same way we make any page wider my placing the mouse to the side that you want to stretch and stretch it, then when it becomes stretched all the icons appear on one so called page aligned and now you can change their position as you want them to be. That's it. I hope it will help.

Ask a Question