SOLVED Unable to rearrange tiles on start menu

Reaction score
I have been trying without success to rearrange the tiles on my start menu. I have tried the left click and hold then drag but the app doesn't move and then it opens. sometimes it opens immediately I click on it before I even have time to try to move it. any ideas please.

Regedit32

Reaction score
A couple of things you could check.
  1. Is the App associated with the tile your are trying to move all ready open. Sometimes closing active apps allows you to then move the tiles.
  2. Does your computer use NVidia drivers for the graphics. There was one version of that which was buggy and caused the symptoms you are describing. A hotfix for that was reported in late 2016 to be in the works. It would be worth checking if you do use this graphics driver. When they announced the issue - but did not have the hotfix ready yet - they suggested rolling back the driver to an earlier release; which fixed the issue.

Reaction score
Solved. graphics are intel but that wasn't the problem it was the mouse. I use a small Logitech wireless mouse as I just can't get on with trackpads. A while ago I was having trouble with MS solitaire with the cards not moving and found a thread regarding wireless mice and problems with solitaire. Changed my mouse to a usb one and I can move the tiles without problem.
I don't why some things don't respond well to the wireless mouse because normally everything works fine, it only seems to relate to the odd graphics heavy work.

Reaction score
Could have been a problem isolated to a particular Logitech Wireless Mouse. I use a Wireless mouse on all my computers, without problems. For what it is worth, one is a Logitech, on a Dell Laptop.

Ask a Question