The April numbers are in!

Reaction score
They’re here! The numbers for April 2016! And…

Windows 7 still tops the list, but it has finally dropped below half, with 48.79% of all computers.

Windows 10 is #2, with 14.35%. That’s an increase of .2% (That’s not too good).

XP is at 9.66%

Every version of Mac OS X combined is 9.19%. This is a 1.41% increase over last month, making OS X the fastest-growing operating system of April.

8.1 is at is 9.16%

Windows 8 is at 2.95%. Between them, 8 and 8.1 outnumber all Macs combined.

Windows NT is at 2.54%

At 1.56%, Linux is still ahead of Windows Vista at 1.34% Why are people still using Vista? If your machine is powerful enough, Vista works well. Not as well as 7 or 8, but on a powerful enough machine it works well.

I suspect that the statement that Windows 3.1 is at .4% is a misprint. The numbers add up correctly, but 3.1 hasn’t made the list in a long time.

And Windows 2000 is at .03%.

89.25% of all machines use some version of Windows.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised that Windows 10 isn't growing faster - I guess many people will stick with their existing OS until they get a new PC, rather than upgrade.

We should have a guess on when W10 will overtake W7 ;).

Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised that Windows 10 isn't growing faster - I guess many people will stick with their existing OS until they get a new PC, rather than upgrade.

We should have a guess on when W10 will overtake W7 ;).
Yes also folk don't like changes or have heard all the bad W 10 reports and not the good.
I must admit to sticking with XP for a long time than made the switch to W 7 but that was only for a small amount of time as the free W 10 offer came along.
All in all i have been very pleased with the switch to W 10. :)

Reaction score
I'm happy with Windows 10. But a lot of people have their computer doing what they want, and they see no need to upgrade. And, if their computer is doing what they want, they have a point.

Reaction score
I'm happy with Windows 10. But a lot of people have their computer doing what they want, and they see no need to upgrade. And, if their computer is doing what they want, they have a point.
You have a very valid point having said that i didn't have any problems with XP and everything was running o/k
In fact i still have one machine running XP it runs continuously for my CCTV .

Ask a Question