SOLVED Thought I never see the day...

Reaction score
... when my Toshiba Satellite is finally deemed capable to upgrade to Version 1903 (I am running the Insider previews - slow and fast ring since . . . forever). Last month that laptop was "not ready yet" although I have not changed anything but maybe Microsoft's mind...
Currently it is downloading the 1903 through Windows Update....

I guess my other laptop (HP) will stay on 1803 as WU never even tried to update this one. I get the "End of life" message though....

Reaction score
I'm surprised my 10 year old netbook has no issues with 1903. I did have to manually upgrade it. But it went smoothly. Yeah, "end of life" doesn't sound promising.

Reaction score
Although 1803 will no longer be supported for the Pro,Home and IoT devices, it will still work. Just the bugs will not be fixed anymore. I can upgrade manually to 1903 on my HP but I have problems with the power settings as the Video card is no longer supported (every time it gets out of sleep mode or the display times out I am having a black screen with a mouse pointer only but no other video). I already have the latest video driver.
Therefore it will stay on 1803 until it breaks down and I expect that to be in the near future (its already 12yrs old) but it has never let me down so far...

Ask a Question