Thread inDevice Manager

Reaction score
Every time I try to unplug my laptop I get an error message that say Thread in Device Manager" and the system shuts down a few times and reboots. I can never unplug my laptop with out this happening.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Lisa and welcome to the forum.
The thing you might want to keep in mind when posting to forums such as this is, that the real benefits come from people (from all over the world) sharing their experience based on some commonality with respect to specifics regarding a problem, so........
It might really help if you could tell us exactly what, "my laptop" means to you so it might mean the same to other folks reading your post.

Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete number). If said laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 or a previous version of Windows (which one), and if the problem you are currently experiencing was present before you upgraded or only since the upgrade.

With that little bit of additional information, others may have some specific information to share regarding the issue, even if it's just a "me too, I have that exact same problem and my laptop is exactly the same".

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate it. I did try to look for feedback on the device manager problem since upgrading to Windows 10 but got lost in all the threads. I'm not hardware literate, so this could create a problem. I did try to go to control panel, security and look for updates but I was unable to proceed due to uncertainty of what I need to do. I have a Lenovo Z50-75 Model#80EC. It came loaded with Windows 8 and I recently updated to Windows 10. When I unplug the cord from the laptop, my laptop shuts down and reboots stating that there is a "thread in the device manager". Hopefully this information will help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would suggest that you are experiencing a problem with a program or process that is running under a normal boot that does not load or run in safe mode.
You may need to further investigate by performing a clean boot.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

It maybe an actual program or it maybe a driver package that is causing the problem.
See if you can narrow down the possible offending process by slowly and deliberately turning things back on after clean booting.
That is assuming of course that the problem does not present in a clean boot environment either.
You'll need to start by switching back on one service at a time and rebooting after each change and testing for the problem.

After you identify the culprit see if http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-75
May have a new version of the driver or software package, specifically for Windows 10. I notice that they do have some windows 10 items in their list.

Ask a Question