thread stuck in device driver

Reaction score
I get this error every time i try to use the internet while playing various games. Any helps appreciated im so frustrated with windows 10 right now it wasnt worth the free download to me right now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does your computer then, blue screen, shut down and restart?
That could be just about any device producing that error but I would focus on the network adapter driver if it seems to be more prevalent during gaming on the net.
Also you could have issues with third party security suites (Norton, mcafee, avg, comodo, zonealarm, etc.) you may want to uninstall them if present.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble yes it dose blue screen shut down then restart. Ive run trouble shooter on my network adapter and taken off my avg i had running but im still getting this problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
and taken off my avg
You may want to follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool also.
32 and 64 bit versions here http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Additionally you should check with your PC manufacturer's website or the specific network adapter manufacturer's website and insure that you have the latest available driver installed for that adapter.

Reaction score
I also get thread stuck in device driver every time I put my battery I think something is wrong with the graphics adapter but when I check it to device manager it says it is up to date and the device is working properly. it shutdown and restart when I put thebattery

Reaction score
I've the same problem, but in my case is wordt because it apears 20 seconds after I start the computer so I have no time to do nothing. Somebody know's how I could manage this..??

Thx

Reaction score
Are you certain it is saying it's related to the network adapter? I've seen thread stuck in driver related to cheap on board audio devices such as Realtek. Once you are certain which device it is, like Trouble said, you should check your PC manufacturer's site for the latest Windows 10 driver for the specific device that this error is related to.

Reaction score
I am taking a visual basic class and I am getting this error every time I watch a video online and have my visual basic studio 2013 open at the same time. This happens frequently as I like to program along with the tutorials. Please fix ASAP! This is getting frustrating for me. I have had to turn in assignments late.

Reaction score
I´ve got exactly the same problem. When I start a game, Skyrim for exemple, the computer completly freezes in a few seconds (Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Alt+Del, nothing works). So I have to turn it off the hard way. When I start the computer right after it doesn´t work stating the Thread Stuck in device driver. At this point it is impossible to start the computer however times I restart it. The only way to make it work it to turn it off and wait about 30 minutes. Then it works.
I tried everything I found on the internet, my drivers are updated, my windows is updated, I don´t have the raptr installed and according to my computer everything is fine. Any suggestion what is the problem? Isn´t it a Windows 10 problem? Because these problemes started only about 2 weeks ago, while the month before everything worked perfectly, hence a bad windows update maybe?

Reaction score
Yes same! this just started happening a week ago, a month before It was doing it stopped now it is starting again! It only happening when i am playing a game Example: Minecraft, or The Isle) It is random the time it happens! I can play it for 30:00 minutes and it is fine, then it crashes, or i can only be on for 2:00 minutes and it crashes! Is there any way to fix this? it is getting me really annoyed! and every time it does crash i get this message too, *Error 0x000008 not found!

Ask a Question