Thread stuck in Device manager

Reaction score
I was streaming a movie and suddenly I get error thread stuck in device driver. System will restart automatically. Then it shuts down and restarts and suddenly I have no wifi adapter. I do not understand it. I no longer have WIFI but I did not change anything.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
That's a new one.
Right click the Start Button and choose Device Manager from the context menu.
Expand your network adapters.
Right click the problem WiFi adapter and choose uninstall.
Reboot the computer and see if the Found New Hardware Wizard, reinstalls it for you.
IF not then we are definitely going to need somemore information about your computer and the wireless adapter it is using.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
That's a new one.
Right click the Start Button and choose Device Manager from the context menu.
Expand your network adapters.
Right click the problem WiFi adapter and choose uninstall.
Reboot the computer and see if the Found New Hardware Wizard, reinstalls it for you.
IF not then we are definitely going to need somemore information about your computer and the wireless adapter it is using.
Thanks for your reply. I fixed it. The computer said I had no wifi adapter and I could not find it in my devices. I knew I had a Realtek Adapter so I used another computer to download the Realtek driver and installed it and then had to restart and the WIFI was back. Thanks for your response.

Reaction score
good that you got it fix but what hapen is that you recived a wifi bot a restart could of fix the problem for next time

Reaction score
good that you got it fix but what hapen is that you recived a wifi bot a restart could of fix the problem for next time
Not really as I restrted it 3 times and had the same problem That is when I realized it was a driver problem. Restart fixes some things but not all things and when the computer does not recognize that you have WIFI and you restart 3 times and it still does not recognize it, there is another problem. I was going to open the computer and remove the WIFI adapter and then put it back in but I thought reinstalling a driver would be the best thing to do and I was correct. The computer did not need to do a search and install but there was a driver error and and reinstalling the driver solved the problem a simple restart would not have done that.

Ask a Question