SOLVED Timeout Automation

Reaction score
Under Windows 10 Pro, I need to automate the pressing of a green arrow button that appears when a certain webcam times out. I know that there are several "auto click" apps out there, but none seem to be able to push a button WHENEVER IT APPEARS. Surely someone else has done this by now. Any pointers? Thanks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is the button you need to click always the same colour? If so, you may be able to use something like this:

I've not tried it, but found it via search.

I think a better solution may be to find alternative software to whatever you are using for your webcam, as it shouldn't really timeout.

Reaction score
Is the button you need to click always the same colour? If so, you may be able to use something like this:

I've not tried it, but found it via search.

I think a better solution may be to find alternative software to whatever you are using for your webcam, as it shouldn't really timeout.
Thanks for searching for me! The color clicker is crude, but could possibly be made to work, so I'll investigate it further.
Unfortunately, I'm just watching the webcam, so I'm using whatever web browser is handy. I have no control over the server software.
But again, Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm probably naïve, and it's been a long time since I wrote code, but I think I'll see if I can use the Microsoft UI Automation API through Visual Studio Community edition. Theoretically, this should be fairly easy to do. But I won't mark this solved just yet, in case there are other suggestions out there.

Ask a Question