Tons of Crashes since I built my computer last October

Reaction score
I've been getting crashes non-stop for months now, tons of bluescreen and I've tried reinstalling so many drivers, I've done Ram tests, reinstalled windows. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Kind of confused on how to read crash logs and don't know where to go from here.

Reaction score
If this is a desktop, about some mechanical things.

Make sure all the plugs from the PSU to the mobo are seated properly.
Make sure the plugs from the mobo to the devices are seated.
Take the ram and any cards out, make sure the contacts are clean and reseat carefully.

Is the cpu fan working? and are the case fans connected and running?
Try running the machine with a side cover off and a fan running pointed at it.

And give us some specs of the machine.

You built this machine from parts? For gaming? Big video card? Then is the PSU upto having the video card's power consumption full on?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Pretty nice machine.
Are you using an NVME disk? I have heard said they can locally overheat the mobo...but I would not expect a modern GigaByte board to have any problems like that.

Although The video card recommends 650 watt PSU What is yours? 800 watts or more?

And Gigabyte mobo drivers are uptodate?

Seems weird to me. I presume that there is nothing funny in the 'bios' when I build a PC with a Gigabyte board it took some examination of the bios manual to get it right.

Reaction score
Mobo drivers usually come on a disk with the board...or at least they did but maybe nowadays you have to download then and download a special program from the mobo maker to reflash the board. Worth a look and maybe treat yourself to an 800 watt psu, that can only do good by running cooler... spend the extra $20 and get a good one

Reaction score
Plus make sure you have a quality power supply. 600 watts is below minimum specs. That can certainly cause crashing issues. 600 watts may work if it's a top notch power supply. But if it's a budget PSU, that could be a big problem. I've built PC's for 15 years, and that's the one component you can't skimp on.

Reaction score
I agree with BigFeet, you need a good PSU. 600W does not mean it can also deliver the power you need as it is the total of the whole supply. Just do not go overboard as well as these SMPS (switch mode power supply) need to run at a certain output to be efficient which is usually at 75% or better. That means if your overall total power consumption is about 800W (Video card, motherboard and everything connected to it) you should not go under 1050W.
However, with this kind of power, efficient cooling is a must as well (no obstructions in the air paths)...

Reaction score
aw jeez, I had a friend help me pick the parts who claimed they knew what they were doing. guess I'll buy a new power supply, the one I have is the CORSAIR VS Series VS600 600W 80 PLUS Certified Non-Modular ATX Power Supply, CP-9020224-NA

Reaction score
It's not a horrible entry level PSU. A stock 5600 XT recommends a 500 watt PSU. With that you'd probably be fine. The one you bought obviously draws more power. I can't say for sure that's the issue, but a power draw issue would be my first thought.

Ask a Question