Touching Keyboard wakes up computer

Reaction score
I want it so that touching my keyboard will not wake up the computer. I've gone into Device Manager / Keyboard / right clicked on Properties / Power Management and unchecked "allow this device to wake up the computer" and to my joy, it still doesn't work. I've rebooted the system and it still doesn't stop the keyboard from waking up the computer when I touch a key.
Is there a way to stop this? I've manged to stop the Mouse from waking up the computer by taking the same route as above but it is not working on the keyboard. Please help.

Reaction score
Have you tried turning it off in the Bios? Some Bios let you turn off/on keyboards/mouse click/'magic' Lan packets for interrupts....usually described as booting the computer but it might work for sleep or hibernate as well.

Reaction score
No, I really haven't gone into the BIOS. Apparently, it seems that might be the only recourse unless someone else has something up their pant-leg or their sleeve.

Reaction score
Yes indeed! I have just returned from the land of the BIOS and there is absolutely nothing in there for the keyboard. Has anyone else got a brilliant idea as to my dilemma?

Reaction score
Is this a USB keyboard? I wonder if something in USB properties in W10 or in the BIos will do the job.

Reaction score
This is an asus laptop. There is nothing in the BIOS that gives an option for the keyboard. I've gone into Device Manager and checked anything and everything and there is nothing other than the keyboard the mouse that gives me the option of unchecking in order to stop either from waking up the system. Both have been unchecked and the mouse will not wake up the computer but they keyboard still does. If you have some other thing in mind or if someone else stumbles into this thread with the answer, please do.

Reaction score
At no point did you say that it was a laptop. My last question assumed a separate keyboard as desktops have.

So the only last chance I can think of is: Is there any clue in the manual of the machine?

Reaction score
Not to be critical, but I would just close the cover and you will solve your dilemma.

Reaction score
No manual for the laptop. Norton, you are not being critical by making a sane suggestion. What you say is an ok option but still, one would think there to be a way in the software somewhere to have it that the keyboard doesn't wake up the machine. This is why that option is given in the Device Manager. Problem is, it just doesn't work from there and we're obviously all at a loss as to why.

Reaction score
OK! One more Have you tried going into power management and selecting "Choose what the Power buttons do" select "sleep" when Power Button is pressed. That's how my Dell works.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I've had my Power Button set up as you say for a loooooong time. There's something that's alluding us somehow but as to how it works is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned, when the Keyboard is unchecked within the Device Manager, that should do the trick. Something therefore is fouled up in there for whatever reason. Maybe a corrupt file which we'll never find.
If you happen though to come upon something that might solve this dilemma let me know.

Reaction score
Here's an important news flash. I've just talked to ASUS and they say there is no way we can stop the Keyboard from waking the unit out of its nice peaceful nap. Thus this brings a conclusion to this exciting dilemma. Please join me for a moment of silence.

Ask a Question