SOLVED Trouble syncing microsoft account with cortana, or anything else.

Reaction score
Hello all,
I purchases a surface book today and I am having trouble syncing my outlook account with windows 10. While setting up Cortana, it says we are at the step to connect to me email. A pop up comes up with a spinning circle, then says "Something went wrong, would you like to retry?" So I select yes and it repeats. All other options, including going into the account settings and selecting "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" yields the same results. It never once gives me the option to even type in my email address. I created another profile to see if it was the way my original profile was set up, but both profiles have the same option. I'm also having trouble navigating the internet, as it every site I attempt to (with the exception of certain Microsoft sites) gets blocked with an invalid client certificate. I cannot even download google chrome.
Any suggestions?

Ask a Question