Word display trouble

Reaction score
I have recently bought dell laptop windows 10 and installed ms word 2016. When I open my document (especially in table, as attached a photo as an example); I can neither edit nor make any changes to the document. The reason is: the blue underline keeps appearing again with big spaces between the words. Even after deleting, when I type it again happens same. Please share the solutions based on what could be the reason. I have attached the photo for your support and necessary actions.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    214.4 KB · Views: 353
Reaction score
Hi

is the Underline icon showing as marked when you click on that particular box in your table?. (Marked in red in my copy of your picture on the top panel). :)

word doc blue inderline.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
I think it shows compatibility mode, as Trouble suggests, if the file are *.doc. You can avoid this , if you wish, by saving all your old *.doc file as *.docx, and make this the default in the settings.
For editing, have you tried the selection for editing mode?

Untitled.png

The underline problem might also lie in the settings.

Last edited:

Ask a Question