UEFI Blues

Reaction score
My latest computer came from ASUS with a UEFI motherboard. The learning curve has been steep. Too STEEP! Does anyone know of tutorial on using IEFI? Setting things like boot order requires tricks to accomplish. Unfortunately UEFI is not intuitive so when someone helps me with a shortcut, if I don't write it down, it is forgotten. In my younger years, I remembered everything and had to write nothing down. Now starting my eighth decade of learning, that habit of writing nothing down is getting me in trouble. Any help on a tutorial??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't know of any general or specific tutorial that I can point to that might help you with this issue.
The System Setup (Configuration) Utility (BIOS), whether it be UEFI or Legacy, will differ from motherboard to motherboard depending on the Manufacturer, Model Number and even the Revision Number.
Most come with a Motherboard Manual which provide some cursory information as to the features and possible settings.

IS there something specific that you are looking to accomplish?
Perhaps with some specifics as to the motherboard, someone with similar hardware might have a suggestion as to how you might approach a particular task.
Unfortunately since I gave up Over-clocking, and tweaking quite some time ago..... I don't have much to offer. Usually I find that Optimized Defaults are generally good enough for me.

Reaction score
You bought the computer already built right?
Have you checked the Asus site to see if they sell the same mobo separately and if so if there is a mobo manual available to download?

Ask a Question