Windows 10 Bluescreens

Reaction score
i have an ACER laptop not two years old, in past six weeks Ive had blue screen three times and in this past week when I turn computer on and starts up all icons on task bar starts flashing, the file explorer comes up and is flashing on and off, then a message comes up about E:\ device needs to be connected or if on a network make sure I am connected to internet or E:\ has been moved or deleted. Then I get notifications to press to reset E;\ drive. The whole time all these messages are flashing I can not do anything, I manage to restart computer and then comes good. Did not know when buying this laptop that it was an ex demo, have I bought a lemon ?, any advice please. Chris

Reaction score
Maybe not a lemon. Give some more details and the guys here will sort it out. In the file manager, for a starter, where and what is E:?

Reaction score
Maybe not a lemon. Give some more details and the guys here will sort it out. In the file manager, for a starter, where and what is E:?
Ok, when all is flashing a box comes up saying E;\ is unavailable on this pc make sure device or drive is connected or disc is inserted. try again. If location is on a network make sure you are connected to internet then try again.If location cannot be found it might have been moved or deleted,then I hit ok. Then notification says push button reset, do that and box comes up again and press ok again, this happens many times, then notification says recovery E, click on that and then says to open file or take no action. By then I manage to restart and then comes good.I don't where or what E is.

Reaction score
Well, E may be some type of mapped/network drive or a boot requirement used previously. Did you reset the system back to factory specs before you started using it?

You might go into the Bios and check your Boot devices priorities. If you see something like PXE, a network boot may have defaulted to the primary position.

Are you running Win 10 Pro or some other version such as Enterprise or a language version?

Ask a Question