Unable to Install Windows 10 Updates Automatically and USB Installation Issue

Reaction score
I'm encountering problems with automatic Windows updates on my Windows 10 computer, an HP EliteBook 8570p which I'm using as a digital calendar. The constant restarts are rendering it ineffective. I'm getting an error with code 0x800f0922. I've attempted the following steps:

1. Windows Troubleshooter: I ran the Windows update troubleshooter, but it usually found nothing. It once identified and fixed a registry error.

2. Disable Antivirus and Firewall: I turned off antivirus ("Real-time protection" and "Cloud-delivered protection") in "Virus & threat protection settings." I also disabled the Domain network firewall and private network firewall.

3. Check .NET Framework: I verified that both .NET Framework 3.5 (including .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and 4.8 Advanced Services were enabled.

4. System Restore: I couldn't use system restore due to the absence of a restore point.

5. Disable Automatic Updates: I attempted to disable automatic updates using the Local Group Policy Editor. However, it didn't stop the updates from installing.

6. Check Computer Health: I used the following commands in Command Prompt to check the computer's health, which indicated no component store corruption or integrity violations.

7. Reset Windows Update Components: I executed a set of commands in Command Prompt to reset Windows Update components.

8. Custom Windows 10 Installation: I tried a custom Windows 10 installation using a Windows 10 installation media created on a 15GB USB flash drive. The installation process began but was canceled halfway through, displaying an error about preparing the computer for the next phase.

Is there anything else I can do to resolve these Windows update issues?

Ask a Question