I am unable to install Windows 2004 or Windows 2H2, I have build 1909.

Reaction score
I assume you are trying to upgrade using Windows Update. What happens when you do? Is there an error message?

Reaction score
See also. :)

Reaction score
I have tried to upgrade from v1909 to 20H2, but install stops with this message; "Windows cannot be installed in an USB drive."
The hard drive is the only drive installed.(C\) What is my solution? I have no indication this is a usb drive.

Reaction score
"Windows cannot be installed in an USB drive."
Do you have a USB drive attached when trying to upgrade?, if you do, you need to point the installer to C:!. If you download the Media Creation Tool and on Update this PC, it should automatically find C:!. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, however that tip did not solve my problem. However, after further research, I did find a solution.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control. I changed portable operating system value from 1 to 0. As instructed, Worked fine after re-boot and was able to upgrade to 20H2.

Ask a Question