Uninstall 'Xbox Console Companion'

Reaction score
Will uninstalling 'Xbox Console Companion' from my computer change any of the others things on the computer?

Regedit32

Reaction score
The first thing I do after updating Windows 10, or re-installing it, is to uninstall apps I never use, such as Xbox. Skype etc.

I've never had any issues after uninstalling them. As bassfisher6522 noted, it is an app, and as such will not affect other parts of Windows if removed. The one exception to this rule, might be Edge, given it is integrated into Windows a little more that any other app.

Reaction score
The first thing I do after updating Windows 10, or re-installing it, is to uninstall apps I never use, such as Xbox. Skype etc.

I've never had any issues after uninstalling them. As bassfisher6522 noted, it is an app, and as such will not affect other parts of Windows if removed. The one exception to this rule, might be Edge, given it is integrated into Windows a little more that any other app.
Thanks for your advice, I did what you suggested but the Uninstall button turned Grey, which apparently indicates the App cannot be uninstalled, and I can't find a way to get around that problem. Could it be because I have the Windows Home Edition?

Regedit32

Reaction score
You should still be able to remove it in Windows 10 Home edition.

However, its only in recent builds of Windows 10 the simple, click to uninstall option has been offered, so perhaps you are not using the latest Version of Windows 10 Home.

Another way you can uninstall it, is to use a command line in an elevated PowerShell console:
  • Type PowerShell into the Cortana search field, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together
  • When the UAC dialog prompts you, click yes to all an elevated PowerShell console to open
  • At the elevated PowerShell prompt type the following command:

Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Press Enter to execute the command

• When that has completed, you can type exit then press Enter key to close the console

Note: When you next update Windows 10 to a newer version, you will likely need to uninstall it again.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question