Uninstalling of a browser taking too long (10+ hours)

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently i installed Avast free antivirus, with it the avast secure browser is also installed. After two days when i tried to uninstall the avast secure browser then it is taking too long to uninstall (more than 10+ hours).

And i am unable to use the windows, cortona search option and any browser.

Please guide me what to perform.

Thank you,
Gopi

Reaction score
Personally, i would recommend you use Revo Uninstaller (Free Version)

But you need to use it carefully and you need to apply a little trick to make sure you get Revo to clean out all the bits & pieces.

When you select to unistall (using Revo) the intended program's own uninstaller often pops up and asks you if you really want to uninstall.

Don't click Yes -- instead click NO.

Underneath - you will see that the term 'scan' is now highlighted.'

Click it.

It will then compile a list of all the things it has found - that need to be deleted.

It may come up with a second selection of materials to delete.

Click yes to that lot as well.

Sometimes a few scraps will be left & you will be asked to restart your computer to get rid of those last vesitges.

It works very well.

Q

Reaction score
Oh well.

The information is good all the same. ;)

Q

Not necessarily, unfortunately. The updates and bug fixes come so frequently - many since this original post, that sometimes old information is wrong information.

Reaction score
Oh well -- it works for me.

Also - I'm not sure it would effect the functionality of Revo-Uninstaller - regardless of which iteration of W10 people are running.

Revo - afaik - keep things up to date.

Ask a Question