How do you uninstall WuMgr.exe 0.9a

Reaction score
I have WuMgr.exe 0.9a on my laptop so I can choose when and what Window Updates to be installed.

I cannot find a Uninstall to remove it and cannot find it installed etc in Program Files or Data etc.

Anyone know how to remove it to revert back to the normal Windows Update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm under the impression the it does not actually install but rather runs as a stand alone portable application that you can choose to run or not run.
I just downloaded it and ran it and it didn't install anything it just ran and when I closed it, it went away.

Are you having a different experience?
Do you see it running in Task Manager?
IF so, perhaps you might want to run it and change the settings under the "Options" and "Auto Update" tabs in the bottom left of the application.

Reaction score
I'm under the impression the it does not actually install but rather runs as a stand alone portable application that you can choose to run or not run.
I just downloaded it and ran it and it didn't install anything it just ran and when I closed it, it went away.

Are you having a different experience?
Do you see it running in Task Manager?
IF so, perhaps you might want to run it and change the settings under the "Options" and "Auto Update" tabs in the bottom left of the application.

This is my first reply on windows 10 forum, so bear with me. I've got the same question. How do I get rid of WuMgr_0.9a? WuMgr_0.9a did download to my computer and I want to get rid of it. It has cause lots of problems, one of which it appears to have disabled my default windows 10 update. When I go to settings, update and security, it will not take me to Windows Update page like it did before I installed WuMgr_0.9a. So I must use WuMgr_0.9a to update my Windows 10 as the only way. WuMgr_0.9a will not run properly on my machine. It keeps asking for administrative consent, of which I am the administrator. I cannot get past this request. This is not the only reason I want to get rid of it. I have other issues with it. All I want to do is get it off my computer and go back to the way it was set up from the factory. WuMgr_0.9a is located at C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\WuMgr_0.9a Here is some other info I gathered off the "properties" size 361 KB type of file: Application (.exe)

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, you just delete the file. I'd uncheck "run in the background" first and reboot to make sure it's not running.

Reaction score
I can't delete it. I unchecked "run in background" then went to my desktop and deleted the shortcut, then closed all programs that I had open , and get this message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. Close the folder or file and try again." I went to task manager to see what programs were open, and there were none. So basically it won't let me delete it. I haven't a clue what could be using it.

Reaction score
I thought you wanted my to reboot after deleting the file. My mistake. So I tried it again, rebooting after unchecking "run in background" and that worked. I was able to delete the file WuMgr. Thanks a million. Now I have another problem. When I installed WuMgr, the application changed my update settings. I now no longer have an update page. When I click start, settings, update and security, it used to take me to an update page telling me the status of my update, or perhaps check for updates. That page is no longer there. I can find nothing about updates. Do you know how I can get that update page back in settings?

Reaction score
You may have to download the program again and make sure everything is set back to defaults before deleting it. I didn't figure you'd need to do that since it had a run in the background option. You may need to do a system restore. i don't know why it wouldn't give you the update screen at all. Or if it's still in your recycle bin, you may want to restore it.

Reaction score
It might work with.
Open the old Control panel and then "troubleshooting" - System and Security. - Fix problems with Windows update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
WuMgr also lets you control Auto Update settings on your computer. You can completely block access to Windows Update servers or disable Automatic Updates. Moreover, you can also hide the Windows Update page from the settings app. It makes it almost impossible to check updates status and download them. Moreover, you can also disable automatic Windows Store updates so that the applications are not updated automatically in the background.
SOURCE: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wumgr-free-and-open-source-update-manager-for-windows-10

Reaction score
It might work with.
Open the old Control panel and then "troubleshooting" - System and Security. - Fix problems with Windows update.
This was an excellent suggestion, but it didn't get the job done. I was very enthusiastic when I read your suggestion. Of Course! That has to work, but it did not. Thanks

Reaction score
You may have to download the program again and make sure everything is set back to defaults before deleting it. I didn't figure you'd need to do that since it had a run in the background option. You may need to do a system restore. i don't know why it wouldn't give you the update screen at all. Or if it's still in your recycle bin, you may want to restore it.
BigFeet. You are right again. I went to the recycle bin, found the app, restored it, looked it over with a fine tooth comb. There it was, a box checked to hide the Windows Update Page. I unchecked it, rebooted, and there it was. Thanks so much. You have been a huge help. Thanks to everyone that suggested a fix. I am a happy camper now.

Reaction score
Had the same issue after running update manager v1.1b and by default hide update page option is enabled in the application, so it hides the page in windows settings. Now after removing the tick mark in the box got back windows update page in settings but selected keys as o, l, 0, 9 are not working and entries in regedit for 'update manager for windows' still exit. The issue is related to update manager as after unselecting hide update page option and reboot the key works for seconds time, soon after key press stops from working.

Ask a Question