Update installed now nothing connects to the internet

Reaction score
2 hours ago I got the notice that a new update was available, I installed it. The install went as others have, smoothly. After the restart anything that was to use an internet connect would not work. I have connection, I checked with my IP, all android devices connect as does the linux machine I'm writing this note on. The little window in the lower right side of the screen shows that I'm connected. No browser/email program/ etc will connect. I've tried 4 different browsers and Thunderbird mail. I tried doing a "troubleshoot" scan and it found nothing wrong.
Now what? Anyone.

Reaction score
If you have System Restore turned on, I would go back to a date before the update. If you don’t have System Restore turned on, uninstall the update. Here is a guide on how to uninstall Windows Updates. Go down to the section where it says “Uninstall Typical Windows Updates”.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

After you uninstalled the update, download Windows Update MiniTool and block the update so it does not install again.

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

Do a YouTube search for Windows Update MiniTool to learn how to use it.

Reaction score
ensure these two services are running and autostarting
Search services.msc right click and run as admin scroll done to these services
Function Discovery Provider Host
Function Discovery Resource Publication

Reaction score
The "little window" you refer to can usually only show that a connection is available.
Click it and click your known connection. There will be two small squares that will pop up.
"connect automatically", and " connect now" - tick both if not already done

Reaction score
Try right click (Win 10 Pro) on the "The little window" select Troubleshoot Problems.

Ask a Question