SOLVED Updates killed the video star

Bif

Reaction score
Pardon my pseudo double posting as I know it's a forum faux-pa ( forgive me it won't happen again ), but once again after one of MS's band-aids my video quality have gone down hill yet again.
Still the same drive that MS INSISTS is the best one for my system yet all the video playback on Youtube is excruciatingly lagging and the volume is out of sync by seconds and only gets worse if and when the video is allowed to play beyond half way without freezing all together ( as well as video speed seems to be in slow motion ) .I've performed all the usual troubleshooting ie: turning hardware acceleration off and so on but to no avail...even when I switch video quality to 480 rather than 720 or 1080 it still is very problematic and viewing in fullscreen exacerbates the issue.I've even gone so far as uninstalling via AMD Uninstall Utility ALL traces of the driver and using the default Windows basic driver and the problem is still there.I'm not alone on this one unfortunately as others on here have expressed the same frustration.
I also tried to download an AMD BETA driver said to work with me card but it wouldn't install...went through the motions but old one still remains.
ANY and ALL suggestions MUCHLY appreciated!

Video card AMD Radeon HD 6310 ( laptop )
Firefox,Edge,Chrome and IE all equally bad...

I just want my MTV...

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might want to try clean booting your system as described here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Easily done, easily undone.
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

See if that helps at all.
It seems we are getting a lot of posts about lagging this or that and it seems to be (sometimes) related to third party software.

Might be worth a try.

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks trouble!.. that is something I haven't tried as of yet..will definitely give it a go.
Will post back with results,good,bsd or indifferent.. hopefully we can all get this lagging thing nailed down.

Bif

Reaction score
You might want to try clean booting your system as described here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Easily done, easily undone.
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

See if that helps at all.
It seems we are getting a lot of posts about lagging this or that and it seems to be (sometimes) related to third party software.

Might be worth a try.
I've completed the clean boot process and the video issue still remains, no improvement whatsoever.The mystery continues, it confuses me as the problem also occurs using the basic MS driver..so that tells me that it's a deeper issue than just my AMD graphics card.
I dread the day a forced update occurs that renders my laptop useless..
Thanks Trouble for your prompt suggestion!:)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've completed the clean boot process and the video issue still remains, no improvement whatsoever
Sorry, it didn't pay off.
Unfortunately laptops can be a tricky thing when it comes to hardware drivers, you'll generally fare best using those hardware drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.
AND
Equally, unfortunately...... Microsoft (Windows 10) will install drivers that are less than optimal, especially for laptops.
That's why you see people resorting to Windows 8 drivers from the manufacturer for some devices and even further back to Vista for drivers to get their integrated camera to work.

In Windows 7 we had this

Capture.PNG

Windows 10 has something similar but I don't think it actually works as well, if at all.
Seems like an easy thing that could be returned to the User Interface, which could save some of us, considerable grief.

Bif

Reaction score
Sorry, it didn't pay off.
Unfortunately laptops can be a tricky thing when it comes to hardware drivers, you'll generally fare best using those hardware drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.
AND
Equally, unfortunately...... Microsoft (Windows 10) will install drivers that are less than optimal, especially for laptops.
That's why you see people resorting to Windows 8 drivers from the manufacturer for some devices and even further back to Vista for drivers to get their integrated camera to work.

In Windows 7 we had this

View attachment 4368

Windows 10 has something similar but I don't think it actually works as well, if at all.
Seems like an easy thing that could be returned to the User Interface, which could save some of us, considerable grief.

Interestingly enough, MS HAS chosen to install the AMD driver that is on the HP page for my laptop which baffles me even further.But I whole heartedly agree that the feature you mention in 7 worked flawlessly and in 10 I'm convinced doesn't work at all.
Such an easy fix for the MS gods but one can only hope it may magically appear with one of the future updates.
Muchly appreciated anyhoo!
Cheers.

Ask a Question