Updates not working

Reaction score
I cant get the win 10 updates to work keep getting this message
(We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.) but I'm online ?? any suggestions

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Would you consider creating a new user?
Give it a name and a password
Be sure to edit the account type from standard to Admin.
Log Off as you
Log On as the new user
See if that same problem persists?

Reaction score
Just tried that and still not working get the same
(We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.)

also found that the store not working weather not working maps etc not working??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have multiple NICs (Network Interface Cards) on that system?
Multiple wired or wired plus wireless?
If so try disabling the one that you are not using.
Either in device manager or by using the run dialog box (WinLogoKey + R key) and type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter
right click the card you are not using and choose disable.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So.......
How about a third party security suite. What do you have installed for a antivirus / firewall product?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Consider uninstalling it temporarily, Defender and the native Windows firewall, should be sufficient for a brief test.
Programs and Feature applet in the control panel, uninstall it.
Then use the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool from here to remove any remaining remnants
https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331
The link to mcpr.exe is down the page about half way.
IF that proves not to be an issue then you can always reinstall it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i have been wanting to put eset smart security on this computer
Excellent choice. I do like Eset products.
Although you may want to test, as I suggested with only Defender and the Windows Firewall before you complicate it with another third party security suite, just to be sure.

Reaction score
  • Yst got back up and running while trying to remove Mcafee it crashed my system had a heck of a time getting it removed .its gone now and eset is installed trying to get everything back to normal haven't tried updates but will soon

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The idea was to try the updates after the third party security suite was uninstalled and before installing yet another one.

Reaction score
I have uninstalled av and tried updating still get the same message.. I guess I'm stuck without any updates I have run out of options here!!

Reaction score
Just another item(programs) seem to be blocked with the same message no internet connection??
here is something even crazier THE PROGRAMS IN THE START LIKE WEATHER GIVES IN THE CORRECT TEMP
MAPS WORK NEWS WORKS but when you open them it says no internet connection??
Really stumped on this one

Reaction score
Just another item(programs) seem to be blocked with the same message no internet connection??
here is something even crazier THE PROGRAMS IN THE START LIKE WEATHER GIVES IN THE CORRECT TEMP
MAPS WORK NEWS WORKS but when you open them it says no internet connection??
Really stumped on this one

Hello, I had the same problem was fixed quickly, if you used some program like this: Destroy Windows 10 Spying, O&O ShutUp10 or Disable Windows Tracking Tool... then the problem will be the same

Solution: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-windows-firewall-settings

Maybe a rule in your firewall is blocking access to windows update, if the problem persists check the host file!

Reaction score
I agree with that. And welcome to the forums. We can use all the help we can get.

Ask a Question