Updates on the crap windows 10

Reaction score
is there any chance that after updates , how many do we actually need , seems to be daily , that they dont change my settings ; ie ; changes my browser to windows edge from fox , i dont want or use edge . font colours get changed as do my font styles some times . unblocking cortana on my firewall , which i have to check daily that an update hasnt unblocked cortana , i will tell windows what info i want shared and its not what they want or what i want to give. i find windows 10 still to be utter sh1t , intrusive and full of blips and its just not upto scratch . it is useless crap and windows thinks its the mutts nuts where as i cant stand it and cant wait for a better option .

Reaction score
Well maybe you should pick a Linux option...for sure there will be no Edge and no Cortana.

Or you could pick up an old machine with two ethernet ports and run pfsense firewall and that would make sure Cortana never connected to anything ever again!

I have never had a W10 system, including Insider builds change my default browser...but I agree that W10 will insist on using Edge under some conditions as it is impossible to tell Cortana to use a different browser.

FWIW I don't use any MS mail systems, nor any MS browsers and never use Cortana.

Reaction score
Hello trev,

One of the reasons I don't use Windows is I can't control what I own my computer and my OS which I have a receipt for both so I'm not going to argue this with anyone.

Well unfortunately Linux has its problems also however It does allow the end-user control over the updates and what is to be installed and everything.

Is it perfect Hell No but if an end-user is willing to learn what is needed to understand how Linux works then Linux Kicks Butt.

I still keep a few working Windows XP computers around [not connected] as there are certain things that Windows OS seem to do better than another OS.

OSs are like cars Chevrolet is better than Ford and Apple and Linux is better than Windows.
Nah
they are just different they both are just a vehicle for the end-user to accomplish tasks.

Whatever you the end-user are most comfortable with using then learn how it works and use it and remember that whatever comes with it you the end-user did agree to.

Life is Good :)

The PoorGuy :) :D ;)

Reaction score
Drifting from the Op, Poorguy, but I like your post. Up front. Browsers are the same story. They can play with statistics, regarding speed and usability, but in the end it comes down to getting to know your product and liking it.

Reaction score
Drifting from the Op, Poorguy, but I like your post. Up front. Browsers are the same story. They can play with statistics, regarding speed and usability, but in the end it comes down to getting to know your product and liking it.
Never been much on statistics.
IMO statistics are created from armchair users who base their opinions on what others do and have done without any actual personal user base experience of their own.

It just makes sense to know your product to get excellent results using it and trying to get some to understand that is Damn near impossible.
I believe some are afraid to leave their comfort zone and learn some thing new or perhaps just lazy.

The PoorGuy :D

Ask a Question