SOLVED Updates settings

Bif

Reaction score
I turned this feature off as I don't completely understand it's meaning and as usual MS provides NO info on it's setting and what it is meant for or to do, anyone out in forum land have any poop on this?..the last thing I want to do is let MS send me more crap that I don't want and or need without my consent.
Also when I ran updates this morning it ran forever and never stopped,it's actually still running now searching for updates..I'm getting tired of Microsoft...any ideas?
AND..this red text appeared under advanced features in updates...what's up now??

1.jpg.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
I have it turned off as well. It is MS's version of a Torrent, using bandwidth from other PC's either on your network or the entire net.

Bif

Reaction score
That's what I had thought,thanks for the confirmation...
And as Monty Python has always said...."An Now For Something Completely Different"
Here's the updates error I'm getting as of today..the fun just never stops!

Untitled.jpg

Bif

Reaction score
Retried and no go....rebooted and good to go....
as far as the red text about "organization",still have NO clue what the hell this means...might have something to do with me turning off the "share all of my crap with MS" setting,if that's the case that red text shall stay there.I'll still wait for someone to weigh in on the text and likely mark this as solved at that point...Xmas is coming..uber deals on Macs I'm sure!..just saying:D

Reaction score
as far as the red text about "organization",still have NO clue what the hell this means...might have something to do with me turning off the "share all of my crap with MS" setting,if that's the case that red text shall stay there.I'll still wait for someone to weigh in on the text and likely mark this as solved at that point...Xmas is coming..uber deals on Macs I'm sure!..just saying:D
I have that Organization as well , no idea of what it is as I am retired.:cool:

Reaction score
If you have configured the automatic updates to enabled & not configured in group policy editor you will get that red text well i did anyhow. ;)

Bif

Reaction score
If you have configured the automatic updates to enabled & not configured in group policy editor you will get that red text well i did anyhow. ;)
Details Defender01 on what you speak of?...why would I have to configure this group policy thingy?..as detailed as possible please.
Perhaps my turning off of the "share everything MS" is what you're talking about?..o_O

Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Gideon... IN the image you attached above it is showing
Configure Automatic Updates as Enabled
Can you change that back to not configured as the rest of those settings reflect.
Does that have any impact on the message you are seeing.
Sometime a reboot is required as the Group Policy Editor is just another interface for changing registry settings.

Reaction score
Gideon... IN the image you attached above it is showing
Configure Automatic Updates as Enabled
Can you change that back to not configured as the rest of those settings reflect.
Does that have any impact on the message you are seeing.
Sometime a reboot is required as the Group Policy Editor is just another interface for changing registry settings.
I did change it to what was in The Geeks Tut, set the option on the left to 5, rebooted and the msg in red is still there. I will be right back

Bif

Reaction score
Yep,still there as well after changing those settings in updates numerous times and rebooting...I'd love to know organization we are affiliated with.

Reaction score
OK I changed it back to not configured , left the left to option 5 -let the admin choose. Rebooted and I stll get the red msg and this also. Obviouly Window 10 is ignoring GP!

Capture1.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seems to be linked to
Settings / Privacy / Feedback & diagnostics.
Changing
Send your device data to Microsoft to
Basic will generate the red message you are seeing
Changing it back to Full will make the message go away

Reaction score
Oh and I am NOT going to try his reg hack. It is not that big of a deal. I will change everything back to the way it was.

Reaction score
Seems to be linked to
Settings / Privacy / Feedback & diagnostics.
Changing
Send your device data to Microsoft to
Basic will generate the red message you are seeing
Changing it back to Full will make the message go away

Now that worked. Thanks You very much

Ask a Question