SOLVED Updates settings

Bif

Reaction score
Seems to be linked to
Settings / Privacy / Feedback & diagnostics.
Changing
Send your device data to Microsoft to
Basic will generate the red message you are seeing
Changing it back to Full will make the message go away
I'll grow to like red...I will never set it to FULL and if there was an option to disable basic that would also be checked. F***ing MS forcing more shit on us and giving us no option to opt out.

Thanks anyhoo for the solution!
NOW back to that drink!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's all about data collection which equals information which in turn equals power.
Since everyone seems to be embracing it, I'm not sure that there is any reasonable or practical recourse for those of us who still value our privacy.
I'm thinking that pretty soon, I'll be reduced to booting a computer from a USB Thumb Drive with an old version of a live Linux Mint MATE OS and use that just to read my emails and browse a bit of the Web.

There is no anonymity and very little actual privacy left if you're going to use anyone's current idea of an Operating System.

Bif

Reaction score
Agreed unfortunately,and yes Linux is looking bright and shiny right about now...I refuse to share any more than I'm forced to with MS and at the point my laptop becomes unusable as a result I will either go with Mac or trusty Linux..either one perfect for my humble computing needs.

Thanks again T !

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think you may want to rethink your opinion regarding an Apple computer or for that matter any apple device.
With all their iThis and iThat and their requirements for an Apple Account / Apple ID, I don't really think they are much better, and......
I think, although I could be wrong, that they pretty much lead the pack when it comes to information hording (books, movies, music, etc.,), surpassed only slightly by perhaps the likes of Facebook and Google.

Reaction score
I think you may want to rethink your opinion regarding an Apple computer or for that matter any apple device.
With all their iThis and iThat and their requirements for an Apple Account / Apple ID, I don't really think they are much better, and......
I think, although I could be wrong, that they pretty much lead the pack when it comes to information hording (books, movies, music, etc.,), surpassed only slightly by perhaps the likes of Facebook and Google.
With the NSA, The FBI and DHS who cares if MS is watching. They do it to improve Windows 10.

This Beer tastes Great!

Reaction score
I had the misfortune of owning an i phone once never again biggest heap of junk and excuse for a mobile phone i have ever had.
The battery life is useless has about the same lifespan as a mayfly.
Then they did an update and destroyed the wifi chip { you think ms is bad L.O.L.} :(

Bif

Reaction score
I had the misfortune of owning an i phone once never again biggest heap of junk and excuse for a mobile phone i have ever had.
The battery life is useless has about the same lifespan as a mayfly.
Then they did an update and destroyed the wifi chip { you think ms is bad L.O.L.} :(
Good to know!..(so to speak) maybe I'll forego these damn things all together when this laptop goes sideways and take up knitting or something ;)
They are all pains in the ass and are often more work than they are useful at times.But until then...........................

Ask a Question