SOLVED Updating to new build after reverting

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a way to get back to build 10166 after reverting back to build 10162? I figured it would just be available in the windows updates, but so far I haven't been able to get it back. I'm also having an issue with my windows app's, they are wanting me to reinstall them to 'fix' them, however when it finishes 'reinstalling' the windows app store just shuts and the app still doesn't work. I have also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it altogether, but no such luck on that either. I've checked for new updates and restarted my computer multiple times. If anyone have any solutions for me to try they would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Suggestion : clear the contents of softwaredistribution folder

Right click at Start > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, type the followings......
net stop wuauserv
rmdir %windir%\softwaredistribution /s /q
net start wuauserv
> press Enter.

Reaction score
I did try your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't . But I ended up doing a fresh install and then reupgrading to windows 10. It took most of the day for the update 10166 to show up, but it did eventually. It seems like it just comes through after a certain period of time? I was reading on one of these threads maybe its just coming through slower because so many people are trying to get it? Either way, I have managed to get 10166 and it is running flawlessly.

Ask a Question