Upgraded to windows 10 and now my high end laptop keeps freezing randomly.

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random freezes that completely lock up my system where nothing works anymore. (mouse doesn't move etc.) The only way to fix it is to do a cold reboot.

I've done this so many times now and I'm getting really tired of it and not to mention it might damage my hard drives. I couldn't find enough info in my event log, but there are quite a bit of events so one of those might be the culprit.

Here's a picture of it: httpsi.imgur.comID39WR9.png

I've done a windows reset twice now hoping it might resolve the issue, but no luck. The problem keeps happening.

I've read all around the web that many people have the same issue, but nowhere do I see someone who fixed this problem and I don't see Microsoft fixing this any time soon.

What can I do?

Reaction score
I hear you I also have similar problems and no answers I will be posting a new thread on this subject soon

Reaction score
If it were mine I would grab the latest iso, put it on a USB flash drive(Rufus), reboot win10, plug in the USB stick, and click on setup (on the stick) and let it do its thing. choose keep everything.

/Lenovo V570, dual boot Win7 Pro, Win10 Pro, BIOS/MBR, Sammy SSD EVO 250GB, on 17134.1 (1803).

Reaction score
I'd go to MSI's website, get all the drivers for the laptop, and definitely do a clean install. Upgrades are hit and miss. I've had mostly good luck upgrading PC's to Windows 10, but I've had a couple go not so well.

Ask a Question