Upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1

Reaction score
I do not get a windows icon. I have followed all the steps from your site to no avail. The download continually fails. I ran troubleshooter, and I have rebooted several and tried installing again but I have been unsuccessful. How do I:
1 get to reserve a copy of Windows 10, or alternatively, 2 how to I download an upgrade? I would appreciate your help as I am a new member today.

Reaction score
I cannot guarantee a success. There are 2 ways to install Windows 10 provided your computer is qualified for a free upgrade.
1st method is by Windows Update which you said had failed.
The 2nd method is as follow......................

1. Use the link below and download the Media Creation Download Tool.
Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Then run the Tool. Select the option Create installation media for another PC.
That will start creating an ISO file. You can burn the ISO file to a bootable DVD or USB later on.
The method we use does not need that.

3. Once you have the ISO created, right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will start.
This method will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method does not require a product key.
Activation will be automatic.

I used this method to install Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro in my 2 laptops.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Just because you have a qualifying OS to upgrade from doesn't mean you should. You need to make sure that the hardware on the system in question is ready for windows 10. Meaning there are drivers to support windows 10 available for your system from your PC or components manufacturer.

What is the make/model of your PC?

Ask a Question