Download and Install Photostory 3 after upgrading to Windows10

Reaction score
Download the MSI file. I just did it from your link...but note I am using Chrome so the browser did not try to run the msi file immediately.
Went to my downloads folder and right clicked on the file. Ran the compatibility troubleshooter.
That came back and said it had fixed the problem by ignoring the version check.
Photostory then installed.

I ran it...started a new story, imported a couple of pictures...seemed to work

SO try it!

FWIW I am using the latest Chrome 64bit on a completely uptodate Windows 10 14393.447

Bif

Reaction score
If for some reason Anna52 all else fails, you can create the identical photo slideshow videos using Windows Movie Maker that you already have installed on your PC. :)

Reaction score
Download the MSI file. I just did it from your link...but note I am using Chrome so the browser did not try to run the msi file immediately.
Went to my downloads folder and right clicked on the file. Ran the compatibility troubleshooter.
That came back and said it had fixed the problem by ignoring the version check.
Photostory then installed.

I ran it...started a new story, imported a couple of pictures...seemed to work

SO try it!

FWIW I am using the latest Chrome 64bit on a completely uptodate Windows 10 14393.447

Hi, Tim, Thanks for sharing. I did the same thing you did but still could not run photostory 3 at all. Since there are reports from many others indicating that this install works in some but not all computers with windows 10, I am wondering if this is because my windows 10 is an upgrade rather than a new.

Reaction score
If for some reason Anna52 all else fails, you can create the identical photo slideshow videos using Windows Movie Maker that you already have installed on your PC. :)

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I tried windows movie maker but could not get the same results I expected. Maybe it has improved and I should try again.

Reaction score
Hi, Tim, Thanks for sharing. I did the same thing you did but still could not run photostory 3 at all. Since there are reports from many others indicating that this install works in some but not all computers with windows 10, I am wondering if this is because my windows 10 is an upgrade rather than a new.

My machine is an upgrade as well.

Maybe one last try. Manually set compatibility to Windows XP as well as the version fix.

Reaction score
I just realized that I had Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10. I am giving it up for now. Will buy a new laptop with Windows 10 and try to load Photostory 3. I am wondering if my issue is caused by the fact that I had it before loading Windows 10. Will report my findings later.

Bif

Reaction score
I just realized that I had Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10. I am giving it up for now. Will buy a new laptop with Windows 10 and try to load Photostory 3. I am wondering if my issue is caused by the fact that I had it before loading Windows 10. Will report my findings later.
Is there a certain effect or feature on Photo Story 3 that you just must have?..as there are so many other choices out there that will accomplish what you want.
Picasa does a superb job at a photo DVD slideshow and even offers the muchly overused Ken Burns pan effect!...and it's free!
Just a thought..you stated earlier that Movie Maker didn't have features that you wanted but you didn't elaborate .

Reaction score
Photostory 3 creates a video from photos selected and make them into a video. You can add songs and add special effects while you make the video from your photos. The movie maker seems to only allow you to edit existing videos. This really is not what I am looking for.

Bif

Reaction score
Photostory 3 creates a video from photos selected and make them into a video. You can add songs and add special effects while you make the video from your photos. The movie maker seems to only allow you to edit existing videos. This really is not what I am looking for.
You are incorrect in your assumption about Movie Maker, it can do exactly what you want to achieve.
Check the video link out.

Ask a Question