Windows 10 installation After Download

Reaction score
In order to complete the Windows 10 download I was requested to delete the "Infineon TPM Professional" file. I did that. After the required reboot, the Windows 10 window that popped up is the "Upgrade Now - Upgrade Tonight" window. I assume Windows 10 has been downloaded, how do I install it without having to spend an hour downloading Windows 10 again?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Michael and welcome to the forum.
First things first...... DO you have all your critical data backed up somewhere safe? Do you have a disk image of your current installation, in case the upgrade does not go as expected?
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

You can confirm that the installation files that will be used to install / upgrade your computer are present... IF you are showing hidden files and look at the root of C:\ and see $WINDOWS.~BT
That is what will be used and I do not suspect that any additional download will occur, except for possibly any updates that might be available since the installation folder was first created.

Ask a Question