USB Drive wont show Names

Reaction score
I don't know if Bit Defender still does it but I saw earlier versions would disable the Autorun features for USB drives as soon as you plugged one in... Is there anything in the literature? If you plug the drive into another computer does the name show on it?

It may just be a coincidence but I would explore the Bit Defender possibility further.

Reaction score
I am finding something similar. I have 2 Windows 10 computers. When I change the name on my flash drive to Music16GB it will not show up in my new HP computer. However, when I move the flash drive to my other computer the name shows as Music16GB as I would expect. Then when I plug it back into my HP computer it simply shows as USB Drive (G): - the same as before. It is a Fat32 USB2.0 Patriot flash drive.

Reaction score
I may have missed the mention of it but Labeling a drive usually accepts only 11 or 13 characters, it's an old DOS thing [pre-Windows 95] and some characters are prohibited, usually get a message to that effect.

Reaction score
I am finding something similar. I have 2 Windows 10 computers. When I change the name on my flash drive to Music16GB it will not show up in my new HP computer. However, when I move the flash drive to my other computer the name shows as Music16GB as I would expect. Then when I plug it back into my HP computer it simply shows as USB Drive (G): - the same as before. It is a Fat32 USB2.0 Patriot flash drive.

Ask a Question