User access to mapped drive changed after upgrade to Windows 10

Reaction score
I recently upgraded several computers at one of our branch offices from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything upgraded fine except for access to a mapped network drive by one of our primary applications.

This office is connected via a fiber TLS and is setup on a different network subnet. The upgrade did not make any change to the mapped drive. It is visible and the user can access it the same as before the upgrade. The problem is with the application accessing a shared folder on this mapped drive. It receives a 'Path not found' error unless I am logged on as the domain administrator.

Even if the users account has 'administrative rights' on that computer is does not work only when logged on as the 'domain administrator.

Can someone tell me how and where to fix this issue as I do not feel comfortable having users logging with the domain administrator account.

Reaction score
I think you will find the fix in the securit and permissions area in the control panel its the new security its over kill you will also find your locked out of application data and documents and settings folders just go in and play around I'm not up to speed enough to tell you how but I'm pretty sure that is where I fixed my security issues by giving everyone permission not real secure but microsoft really fu&%$# up with this over kill security it is a joke. For the average user he has to open all security to be able to use his computer and this is not the situation security is suppose to cause.

Ask a Question