Video preview not available

Reaction score
Hi,

I have previously posted this problem 3 times with no success.
After the Anniversary update and Creators update I have been unable to see the preview on my video files only the icon for the media player. But previews for images are fine.
I have followed all the suggestions regarding unticking of the box for icon only and other settings in the advanced options. Plus trying all video players, including the VLS player.
But with no success. Viewing the hundreds of videos to identify them when creating home movies is a long process as each file has to be played for identification.
I would appreciate any assistance on the matter as I have hit a brick wall with this issue.

Also since these updates windows 10 often freezes randomly.
Thanks
Video preview.jpg

Reaction score
What is the extension on the file names? Could be you don't have a program that can handle them or in Default Programs the extension is not associated with an appropriate program.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will check this out. But everything was fine before and suddenly there was no preview.
Cheers

Reaction score
The video files and extensions preview thumbnails have always been available until recently. possibly the last big update. AVI from DV tapes, MP4 from Samsung mobile, MOV from iPad and MTS from digital video camera. Have exhausted all the many different forum suggestions. But found a program called Icaris-v3.0.2.exe that shows preview thumbnails for AVI files and then found a program called MediaPreview 1.4.3.429.sfx that shows preview thumbnails for all the video files. So it must be a cliché with windows 10 as there are many others with the same problem. So for the time being I'm business.

Ask a Question