SOLVED VPN and Google Weather

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I recently started using several free VPN services on Windows 10, and if I use a 'What's my IP address' website, or even Google the words 'What's my IP address,' I will be shown my new IP address. Also, I use the Chrome browser and Duckduckgo.com as my default search engine and sometimes go on the web in Chrome's Incognito mode. Additionally, I also use the search word 'weather' for an additional VPN check on both Duckduckgo and Google, and Duckduckgo will give the weather results of the simulated VPN city that I'm in while Google will only provide weather websites that I can click. Plus, this is while in Incognito mode.

However, the same thing almost applies when I'm in regular mode(i.e. not Incognito mode) WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Google results when I use the search word 'weather' where Google will show me the results of the WEATHER AND THE CITY THAT I AM ACTUALLY IN. Plus, the same thing also happens when I use Microsoft's Edge browser where the simulated VPN city that I'm in shows up on Edge's default search engine, Bing. Therefore, in Incognito mode and Edge's InPrivate mode, the Duckduckgo browser and the Bing browser, respectively, show the weather temperature results of the simulated VPN city that I'm in, while Google shows weather website results that I can click on to get the weather. And in both Chrome and Edge browsers while in regular mode(i.e. non Incognito/InPrivate modes), only Google shows the results of the WEATHER AND THE CITY THAT I AM ACTUALLY IN.

And one more thing that I want to mention is that I usually use the Sandboxie browser to search the web, and the above happens when I'm both sandboxed or not sandboxed. But I hope what I explained is understood, however, my main concern is why my real city name is showing only on Google while I'm in non Icognito/InPrivate modes while using a VPN. Plus, does that indicate some sort of leak or malfunction of the VPN services? But any help or insight about this would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting your browser cookies in chrome? Also, are you logged in to a google account on chrome? Either would probably know your true location.

What free VPN are you using? I wouldn't trust most of the the free ones as far as I could throw them.

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting your browser cookies in chrome? Also, are you logged in to a google account on chrome? Either would probably know your true location.

What free VPN are you using? I wouldn't trust most of the the free ones as far as I could throw them.

No, I haven't recently deleted my browser cookies in chrome. Also, I am logged into to my google email account on both Chrome and on Edge. I guess because I don't have to log into my Google email account every time I go online. But it sounds like that could be the problem.

Also, I use Vpnbook PPTP, CyberGhost for Chrome, and Windscribe for Chrome, which also has a Windows option that I also use.

Reaction score
I tried both deleting my Chrome browser cookies and logging out of Google email and logging out of Google email did the trick. Also, it crossed my mind that being logged into Google may have been the problem, but I ignored that thought. But thank you, BigFeet.

Ask a Question