Warning never click a Chrome request on line.

Reaction score
I read too late that Chrome never asks online to update, but is carried out by Chrome automatically. I ignored this without thinking, God only knows what the consequences will be.

Reaction score
I read too late that Chrome never asks online to update, but is carried out by Chrome automatically. I ignored this without thinking, God only knows what the consequences will be.
Do you have a link to that reference for others to read?

Reaction score
Sorry, having clicked the caption and stupidly clicked the update icon was the last time of sighting it. I must say it did look official enough, my fault was never to click update + download. Reading my recent computer magazine had a topic to never click such a page as it is a scam. Chrome automatically updates your copy when you next open Chrome. I thought it best to warn members of this scam going its round. Anyone interested article appears in ComputerActive magazine dated 12th - 25 August 2020.

Reaction score
Anyone interested will be required to buy the magazine. Though the article simply tells under no circumstances " Not to click the Install now tab". It may be just being unfortunate in my being off my guard, but I lost all contact with the Web and requiring me to make a clean removal of all programs and Windows from my computer and reinstalling Windows. Even at that computer remained completely unmanageable for a few days to the extent in believing the computer was in fact a write off. All the years that I have dabbled with computers, never have experienced such a mess. If my warning can save some person(s) this mess it will have been well worth it. It could be said, that this had nothing to do with my experiences, that I agree, but something did.

Ask a Question