Weird Windows 10 Error i got.

Reaction score
so i was using windows 10 as my daily driver for VARIOUS reason i hope this is clear enough and nobody should question my decision.

then i encountered a weird error, i was using windows 10 awesomely, it was stable, no problem whatsoever, when suddenly i got a power outage in my house and at that time this laptop wasn't connected to it's battery so it turned off just like that.

ever since the laptop was turned off forcefully nothing works in windows 10

-if i click the start menu, nothing pops up, it's like a dead icon with no effect.

-cortana is not there, nor do the search bar can be used to look for app (i need this sometime really)

-store cannot be oppened, if i click the store icon (which no longer has an icon, just a blank space) this happened
http://gyazo.com/009079bb400f86d97f92a624f105f210

if i tried to boot into safe mode i encountered another weird error which is
"unknown hard error"
and the safe mode is basically useless and i can't even shut it down without the power button on my laptop.

in normal mode (not safe mode) i can right click on the start and things will still pop up but in safe mode it doesn't so i don't know how to shutdown it otherwise (though i restarted to normal mode trough msconfig).

if anybody has a solution for this, please help.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Since this is Tech Preview...I'd just reinstall 10, do a format/custom install. As I use 10 as my primary OS on a single HDD, I back up any and all data (personal stuff and software) to the cloud using onedrive. This way if something catastrophic does happen, I just use my USB bootable thumb-drive to reinstall 10 then go grab my files from the cloud.

Alternatively, you could use your install media, and boot from that and do a system repair.

Reaction score
In another thread I posted about a somewhat similar problem. I was trying to get the side cover off my case and accidentally pulled a corner of the front panel loose. It cut power and when I pushed it back on power was quickly restored. The process wonkered up the boot sequence and I eventually had to just format the disk and reinstall Win 10. All is back to normal now.

Ask a Question