Weird Behavior With Windows Defender

Reaction score
I usually run a complete scan manually a few times a week. The past 2 nights after WD finishes a scan it automatically starts a quick scan by itself. Then after that the screen never shows the results. I don't get the results from my manual scan or from the quick scan. If I then do another manual scan WD will show the results. Is anyone else seeing weird behavior with WD that started just after the last Win 10 updates?
Used to be that I just did a full manual scan a few times per week. Then after this manual scan I would see the results (Your system is clean) and that was it. No automatic quick scan being run. Now I don't see any results until I run a second manual scan. Thinking about going back to Panda Free since I don't have a good feeling about WD anymore.

Reaction score
Ok I figured out what WD is actually doing. I will tell it to run a custom scan on my C drive. WD will scan up to 78% or so and then switches automatically to a quick scan. Then after the quick scan I don't get a results page for either scan. I just get the original WD page where I can select another scan. It appears the custom scan never finishes and just goes into a quick scan but never shows results.
This only started after the last update for WD. I did some searches online and quite a few people are reporting this problem. No fix though. So last night I went back to Panda Free. WD is now disabled and Panda Free is working as it should.

Ask a Question