Weird black box

Reaction score
I just recently installed the Avast Driver Updater on my computer and now a new black window with green code will pop up on the left side of my screen before disappearing a second later (if that).
I saw a snapshot of the code said /windows/ in it so I don't know if this is something to get looked at or not. if there are any answers or advice I'd appreciate it!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :).

Without seeing an error code or screenshot, it's pretty difficult to guess what the problem may be.

Any chance you would be able to see what it says or capture a screenshot with the snipping, or is it too quick?

Have you tried uninstalling Avast driver updater to see if the problem goes away?

Reaction score
It comes and goes far too quick, but I have since restored my system to a prior date and uninstalled the Driver Updater and I haven't seen it since, so I believe that the Updater may have changed something in my computer and caused the pop-up. Which is disappointing since I paid for two years of it.

Ask a Question