What about this new krack hack?

Reaction score
After finally giving in and buying a new smartphone, and learning how to use it, I hear there's a flaw in the WPA2? and can affect android phones, if you're using Wi-Fi.

Reaction score
Hi tumshi,

make sure you update the firmware on your router and you shouldn't have a problem, there have been patches made available to stop such things happening!. Update your phone too of course! :)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...k-attack-breaks-wifi-encryption/#7682cb482ba9
I just got the router a few weeks ago from TalkTalk as a replacement. Shouldn't it be OK? I'm not sure where to start in updating firmware:(. I still haven't gone wireless and connected to the internet yet with my new phone as I've been occupied elsewhere and didn't feel I was ready for that, as I use my pc for everything and that's wired. Ironically, I was worried to connect, before I understood the phone well enough, being a bit wary of getting a problem. Now look!

Bif

Reaction score
@davehc , what MS phone do you have?.. I'm surprised that MS is offering any updates for thier mobile products considering they are dropping them.
You've piqued my curiosity.. gonna have to plug in my Lumia 520.

Reaction score
HI @tumshi ,

there should be instructions with your router on how to access the admin part of its internal organs so to speak, if you do that, it is quite possible that it has an update function if it is a brand new router!. Check with TalkTalk for more info. :)

See this vid and it will give you an idea:

:)

Reaction score
HI @tumshi ,

there should be instructions with your router on how to access the admin part of its internal organs so to speak, if you do that, it is quite possible that it has an update function if it is a brand new router!. Check with TalkTalk for more info. :)

See this vid and it will give you an idea:

:)
Thanks. I may have something that came with the router. I let my husband plug everything in, so say no more. I popped into Tesco yesterday, with whom we have our contracts. It's not a nMS phone - mine is a Doro. I like it. I came on to this thread simply because it mentioned 'phone'. Being a newbie, I wasn't sure where to ask the question. I've been told "not to worry" by Tesco. If we're not out and about, using Wi-Fi, the chap said we'll be OK. At the same time, I kept getting a message on my phone about voicemail, with 'pixie dust' music. At first I didn't even realize it was my phone making that noise. I asked him to de-select this option, until I had time to get used to it all. He said he did, but when I got home, it was still there.

Ask a Question