What happened to my Word and Excel programs?

Reaction score
Does Windows 10 not come with these (or some other name) programs? I am having a hard time finding things with this upgrade. It seems you have to sign in with a Microsoft account and the Edge browser to take advantage of some of the stuff. I can not use Edge as it is not compatible with some of the things I have to do. Also I can't find my favorites list or history. Please point me in the right direction of where (or which) tutorials will help. Thanks.

Reaction score
No, Windows 10 does not come with Word and Excel, none of the Windows builds has done so for a long time (if ever).

Alan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But if you had Microsoft Office Suite or some of its' components installed prior to the upgrade then they should still be there and still work. Look under the all apps menu. As long as it wasn't Starter Edition then it should work.
As far as Edge is concerned, I've pretty much moved on. It's cool for some stuff but generally more of a hindrance than a help.
Just use Control Panel, Default Programs to select your choice of browser on the left and at the bottom choose to set this program as default.

Ask a Question