SOLVED What is Verisign and do I need it ?

Reaction score
I see it on my computer and don't know anything about it. I just realized that I made an online purchase this morning and decided to use Google Secure Website feature.

Could this be how it got on my computer ? I don't know if this is a Windows 10 question but felt this would be a good place to get information on this .

I'd just like to keep track of what's on my computer .

TNX Paul

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi URX111,

VeriSign among other things used to provide SSL certificates that the Windows OS uses to confirm an application or class associated with an application is authenticated. Part of your built in windows security will not allow a non authenticated application or class to run - in which case you are prompted to make a decision to manually run something (at your risk).

They sold this part of their business a while back.

Nevertheless its more than likely you still have certificates from Verisign on your system.

For example: VeriSign_International_Server_Class_3_CA.PEM may be present on your computer and is associated with an application called Raptr which is bundled with AMD's Gamining Apps.

These are legitimate and you ought to leave them there.

If you are not sure, post to forum precisely what you see and someone will be able to confirm whether its legitimate or not.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32
I'll take your word that it's doing no harm and leave it. I feel it's just taking up space .
Capture.PNG

here's 1/2 of them . This is the first time I did this and I don't know how to get the whole list in the Snipping .

TNX Paul

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi URX111,

All of those are legitimate and each one is probably 1 to 4 kilobytes in size.

Occasionally these certificates can become corrupted and cause troubles. In the past Microsoft has suggested removing a certificate to resolve an issue, as the application affected will simply prompt to replace the certificate when next used.

If you are determined to remove any of these VeriSign certificates then please note its not just a case of right click and delete. There is a proper method to do this.

The proper method is to make use of Microsoft Management Console. Using this you locate the certificate you wish to remove and use the delete option there.

If you need assistance using this Console I am happy to help. But as I all ready stated; unless they are actually causing a conflict or issue with one of your Apps I'd recommend leaving them alone.

If you do not further assistance please mark this thread as solved.

Regards,

Regedit32

Last edited:

Ask a Question