Which Drivers do I integrate into Windows 10?

• Thread starter Matthew Egersdorfer
  • Start date
M

Matthew Egersdorfer

I want to integrate some drivers into my windows 10 64bit installer, unfortunately I don't know which folder I must use.

I've extracted the zip folder "AMD_Chipset_Driver_mb_10.zip" from MSI for my Mainboard. When I navigate to the driver folder, I notice the different folders relating to the different Windows versions and their related architectures. (W7, W764A, WB64A, WT & WT64A) I assume "WT64A" is for Windows 10 64bit but I'm not sure.

Can someone please clarify this for me, which is the folder for Windows 10 64Bit?
Also
If there is no folder for Windows 10 64bit (Only folders W7, W764A, WB64A are available for some drivers) then which folder do I use when substituting Windows 10 64bit drivers?
So basically if there are no drivers for Windows 10 can one substitute with Windows 8 drivers and if there are no Windows 8 drivers can one substitute with Windows 7 drivers?

Reaction score
There should be a setup exe file in the main folder. "Usually" it will detect whether it's an x86 or x64 OS, and install the correct drivers.

M

Matthew Egersdorfer

There should be a setup exe file in the main folder. "Usually" it will detect whether it's an x86 or x64 OS, and install the correct drivers.
I'm trying to integrate them into my installation with NTLite, thus I need to use the .inf file type. I've already installed it on my computer with the setup.exe.

Hope my question gets answered soon because I want to clean install. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 then clean installed. The first time the activation worked fine but I messed up on something (was distracted and messed up the location of the Downloads & Videos folders, they kept referencing the same folder as the other and not happy on a few other things) so I clean installed a second time, unfortunately, I now have an activation error (Error code: 0xC004C003, server blocked the key). I've tried SFC and resetting the activation and token.dat file but nothing worked so now I need a third clean install. (just real bad luck on my part I guess).

Thanks for the reply.

Ask a Question