Which Windows 10 Anti-Virus?

Reaction score
As Windows 10 hasn't been officially released yet, which Anti-Virus software can I use for the moment? ESET and Kaspersky don't have a compatible version yet, so my go-to software won't work.

What do you good folks use?

Reaction score
I'm using ESET's NOD32 anti virus and it works just fine with the exception of the Hips (Host-Based Intrusion Protection System) function. I suspect ESET will get this fixed pretty soon.

Reaction score
I am just using the inbuilt Windows Defender meantime until after final release as it's now got anti-virus as well. I also have Malwarebytes. After final release of W10 I will likely return to the free Panda anti-virus which I expect will disable Defender.

Reaction score
It has been more than 18 months since I last used a 3rd party AV.
Since Win 8.1, I use only the built-in Windows Defender as my Real-time Protection, and Malwarebytes free edition as my On-demand Protection.
All that I have to do is regularly run Malwarebytes to make sure the machine is clean.
I never have had any security issue.
I am doing the same on my Insider Preview since build 9841.

Of course, security starts from how a user uses the computer.
No security programs are adequate unless users are mindful of the "dos " and "don'ts" of internet surfing.
If you are using the computer at work, then, perhaps a 3rd party AV is called for.

Reaction score
Avast is working fine. Some people can justify using Windows Defender, I can't It's detection scores are among the lowest out there. Not a huge fan of Avast nowadays, but right now it's the best working alternative right now. Bitdefender will be my preference when it's supported..

Reaction score
Avast is working fine. Some people can justify using Windows Defender, I can't It's detection scores are among the lowest out there. Not a huge fan of Avast nowadays, but right now it's the best working alternative right now. Bitdefender will be my preference when it's supported..

Windows Defender is much better now since the last update. Microsoft says it will stand up to the 'other' security. I guess we will find out by testing it in the upcoming weeks ;)

:)

Reaction score
Windows Defender is a good program... much better than it used to be.

Since I have a license for F-Secure until the year 2030 I'll stick with it. ;)

F-Secure works just fine in the Windows 10 environment too.

Reaction score
Yes i have always used Avast as a anti virus
So when i upgraded to W10 i installed Avast no problems.
But as said Windows Defender will automatically shut down to avoid any conflict. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 works well in Windows 10. I've been using that for the past week without problems :).

Reaction score
Anyone can give me a link to where it say's windows 10's Defender has improved from windows 8? i hope M$ has made changes to make it close to other antivirus in prevention & protection, but unless i read something from Microsoft themselves, i'm not convinced...

Reaction score
Its best to use the built in app of any OS, be it music player or antivirus. But i know Defenders come last in the Lab scores time n time again, BitDefender & Kaspersky always on top for years straight now. I used to have Total Security 2015 but with Windows 10, i uninstalled it cuz its such a huge antivirus with sooo many things, and i only want the anti-virus part of the suite. Bitdefender free version is good enough i guess too.
Im leaving it as windows Defender til i hear otherwise...

Reaction score
Using Avast Premiere. The firewall does a good job blocking many unwanted ms spyware crap, and the footprint seems light.

Reaction score
the best antivirus is the user and common sense along with smart web habits.
of course antivirus and anti-malware are also another good line or defense.

the poorguy

Ask a Question